Ads

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Just When I thought I'd Heard It All!

Hello People. Just when I thought you people could no longer amaze me, BAM, you do it again! The Washington Post is reporting that another prisoner in the Baltimore police van with Freddie Gray, says Gray was trying to injure himself. Really? The prisoner, who will remain anonymous for his own safety, reportedly says he couldn't see Gray but he heard him throwing himself around. Seriously? So now, apparently, we just have to determine if he severed his own spine before or after he crushed his own windpipe. Hey Baltimore PD, you've had nearly two weeks and this is the best story you could come up with? This whole situation has been mishandled from the beginning. Batten down the hatches Baltimore, I fear things are about to go from bad to worse. Believe me people, no one supports the police more than I do but this is ridiculous. Freddie Gray was not a good guy. He had dozens of prior arrests. But, if I don't buy this story how do you think it's going to fly on the street of Baltimore? While I'm at it Baltimore, where did you get your Mayor, Craig's List? What a hot mess!
Brace yourselves for this one....A U.S. District Judge in Manhattan has ruled that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority must display ads on their buses and subway cars that read "Killing Jews is worship that draws us close to Allah". The judge, John Koelti, ruled that the ads, paid for by the American Freedom Defense Initiative, were protected speech under the First Amendment. You can't make this stuff up people. The so-called "Kill Jews" ad features a menacing man wearing a scarf around his head and face and goes on to say "That's His Jihad, What's Yours"? I don't know what First Amendment Judge Koelti was reading but the one I'm familiar with does not protect speech that "promotes lawless activity". I'm pretty sure that calling for the murders of innocent people falls under the "not covered" portion. I can't even fathom what was going through that judge's mind. It makes no sense at all yet, there it is.
I will leave you with a happy story. The captor was driving home the other day. An accident had the highway backed up and, as usual, no one was letting anyone in. As the captor say with her blinker on waiting to merge, she noticed a pick-up truck approaching that was decked out with NY Yankees paraphernalia. The captor, who was, of course, wearing her Yankees jacket, turned to the pick-up, now beside her, and pointed to the Yankees logo on her jacket. The pick-up driver smiled, waved and slowed down to allow the captor to merge ahead of him. Thanks Dude! You just have to love Yankees' fans. It's a family thing!
Sway

No comments:

Post a Comment