Ads

Friday, January 13, 2017

I Died Today

Hello My Dear Friends. I died today. If you’re reading this, and obviously you are, I have crossed the Rainbow Bridge into eternity. Don’t be sad. Well, be a little sad. I am dead after all! Here’s a bit of advice. When you cross the Rainbow Bridge, make sure you take a right or you’ll end up in Canada! Seriously. They don’t tell you that. After nearly 17 human years on this planet, I, along with my human captors, decided my work here was done. I have always believed that when the pain of aging outweighs the joy of living it is time to say goodbye. I know that my passing will leave a hole in their lives. That’s a good thing. You see, my Dear Friends, I know I will be missed because I know that I was Loved. That is one thing that I have always known.  And, my Dear Friends, when all is said and done, if you can say that, you’ve lived well. The greatest solace, as the end grows near, is knowing, really knowing, that you are loved. As our loved ones age, they get a little cranky and a little forgetful. Sometimes it feels like a burden to visit. Well, suck it up. Don’t waste time, my Friends, no one knows how much time they have on this earth. Tell the ones you love that you love them. Do it daily. Can anyone really hear that enough? Hug your friends. A good hug can turn a bad day around in an instant. Say what’s in your heart. The weight of carrying around the things you should have said will drag you down. Good or bad, if you speak from the heart you will be heard. It’s easy to love when times are good but it’s more important to love when times are bad. If one good thing comes out of this past election, I hope it’s the knowledge that we can disagree, vehemently, and still love one another. Good people do and say stupid things sometimes. That doesn’t make them bad people. Bad people do and say stupid things all of the time. They just suck. Stay away from bad people. Seriously. Bad people never change but, I digress. One last thing. Social media does not and cannot replace social interaction. Get out of your sweats and go out once in a while! It’s nice to wish someone a Happy Birthday on Farcebook but it’s so much nicer to get a card in the mail. Remember Birthday cards? Don’t take the easy way out. Make the effort. We’ll all be better for it.
The decision that my captors made was heart wrenching but not difficult. They saw, daily, how diabetes, arthritis and my weakening heart was taking its toll on me. I saw the pain in their eyes as they watched me struggle. Human nature makes you want to hang on to a beloved member of your family hoping, above all odds, for a little more time. But, as my captors sadly realized, sometimes you just have to let go. So, today, with my family by my side, I died. I had a long and lovely life. I learned many things and, throughout my life, I’ve tried to share them with you. Regrets? I’ve had a few. But, then again, too few to mention. Sorry. Had to be done. Unfortunately, 17 years was not long enough to see the Buffalo Bills make the playoffs. 17 freakin’ years! Are you kidding me Buffalo! How long can one team suck? Anyway, there is some good news. I’ve groomed the baby, NavaBlue, to take over for me, so the Blog Will Go On! You’re welcome! I wish you love, laughs and happiness.

Po

No comments:

Post a Comment