Ads

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Please Make It Stop!

Hello People! Let me begin by saying that I know that, in many ways, I am a dinosaur. Even though I try to "move with the times"  and "keep an open mind" but sometimes it just doesn't work for me. For instance, only in New York can this be banned for being "patently offensive"...
And this be allowed as "protected speech"...
This is so far beyond insane, I've had to make up a new work for it. It's Fukaloonie! I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm living in some alternate dimension. How do sane people make decisions like this? And, more importantly, where is the outrage? Where is the freaking outrage! Have we really become so indifferent to the world around us that we just shake ours heads and move on? Apparently so. While all this was going on, the top trending stories were the National Spelling Bee and Man Covers Himself in Bees. Priorities, I guess. A Feuilleton is part of a European magazine or newspaper designed to entertain the general reader, Note the spelling, it may serve you later.
With all that said, you probably also don't care that the Government just granted......
$200,000 of your tax dollars to fund a study of 'how and why Wikipedia is sexist'.
$371, 020 to study if 'mothers love dogs as much as their children'.
$804,254 to develop a smartphone game called "Kiddio: Food Fight" to help parents to get their kids to eat healthier foods.
$856,000 to teach Mountain Lions to walk on treadmills, apparently to better understand mountain lion instincts. Fukaloonie!
My point here, yes I actually have one, is that our priorities seem to be a bit askew. I'm just saying that if we paid a bit more attention to what our Government was doing, perhaps we won't be so surprised when what they're doing bites us in the ass.
Sway

No comments:

Post a Comment