Ads

Monday, July 20, 2015

Just When I thought I Was Out...

Hello My Dear Friends. Just when I thought I was out of the Blogging game, you drag me back in! I swear, you people are lost without me! So much has happened in the past few weeks so, let's begin...
It's been nearly a month since the Supreme Court ruled in favor of same-sex marriage. I haven't gotten hit by a hunk of sky yet. Have you? I guess it isn't falling after all.
Donald Trump is making headlines again. Trump said that John McCain wasn't really a war hero. He's just considered a hero because he got captured. I disagree. However, in 2000 democratic Senator Al Franken said of John McCain, "I'm not buying the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I'm concerned he sat out the war". Remember the huge outcry for his resignation? Me either. Once again, it's not what is said, it's who says what. Trump also said that illegal aliens are treated better than our Veterans. He's right about that.
Democratic Presidential candidate Martin O'Malley was speaking to a Progressive Conference in Phoenix on Saturday. While addressing the topic of police shooting unarmed black people, O'Malley said, "Black lives matter, white lives matter, all lives matter". He was roundly booed. O'Malley, the former Mayor of Baltimore and former Governor Maryland, later APOLOGIZED for the comment saying he "meant no disrespect"! LOL! What a world!
The President finalized his deal with Iran. There's good news and bad news. Iran is a major producer of pistachios and Persian rugs. So, lifting the trade sanctions will lower the prices of those items. The bad news is that they now have billions of dollars to fund Hezbollah, Boko Haram and Hamas. And, of course, there's that whole nuclear weapon thing. I do love pistachios though.
When I hear the term "domestic terrorism" I think of a housekeeper flipping out and knocking off her employer. There's nothing "domestic" about a Kuwaiti born man, named Mohammad Abdulazeez, who spent months in the Middle East. He's an Islamic Terrorist. Call a duck a duck people.
President Obama refuses to order National flags lowered to half-staff to honor the 5 Servicemen gunned down in Chattanooga. I don't get it. I also don't get why there is no public outcry about it. It's disgraceful. Simply disgraceful. It's not surprising but it is sad.
Finally, the US today officially restored ties with Cuba. Embassies opened in both countries. Funny thing. Dozens gathered to watch the Cuban Flag being raised at the State Department here, while hundreds lined up outside the American Embassy in Cuba looking for Visas to the US. Imagine that!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment