Ads

Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Civics Lesson for the Week

Hello My Dear Friends! Once again, it falls upon me to straighten out the mess your elected officials are making of this country! Today, apparently, the most pressing issue in Government is passing "Comprehensive Immigration Legislation". For some unknown reason, it must be done by July 4th! OK. Some the Repubs say they won't approve anything that doesn't "guarantee securing the border"". The Dems say any legislation must include a "clear path to citizenship". Well, let's start with the Repubs. Building a fence on the Mexican border is not "securing" the border. The US-Mexican border is 1,954 miles long. That's one heck of a fence! Also, and call me crazy, Mexico is not the biggest threat to this Nation. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall any Mexicans flying airplanes into buildings and, to my knowledge, there aren't a whole lot of Mexican suicide bombers. So, if security is your number one concern, you might want to look a little closer at securing the Visa Process! Now for the Dems. I have a shocking revelation for you. There's been a "clear path to citizenship" in this Country since 1868. It's called the 14th Amendment of the Constitution. I realize that we aren't really following the Constitution anymore but, hey, it's there if you want it. Also, if you're interested, your comrades passed a little thing they called the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1952. That's a pretty clear path to citizenship if you ask me. So, in my humble opinion, your time may be better spent enforcing the millions of laws we already have on the books instead of wasting your time and our money making new laws (and headlines) that you're not going to enforce anyway! Also, while your coming up with "new" ways to ensure that all workers are here legally, you might also want to come up with a way to ensure that all Government workers aren't spies! How many other Edward Snowden's have you given top security clearance to? Perhaps, while your secretly "monitoring" the world, you should try "monitoring" yourselves!
Thank you for your time.
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment