Ads

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Please, Just Stop!

Hello My Dear Friends! Today, Oxford Dictionary picked the "Word of the Year" for 2013. It's "selfie". That would be the obnoxious act of taking a picture of yourself and posting it on social media. Remember, back in the day, when you wouldn't even think about taking a picture of yourself? You could have. We all had cameras and arms. You just didn't do it because, like common sense, we used to have modesty. I long for those days. Anyway, like it or not, the "selfie" has now been immortalized. In our prison there is a "one in; one out" rule. Basically, to avoid qualifying for an episode of Hoarders, it means if something new comes in, something old has to go out. Since Oxford has seen fit to add new words to our world, I have compiled the following list of words and phrases that I would like to expunge from my world. Please refrain from uttering any of the following while you are in my presence.
-> "According to Facebook..."
-> "The President didn't know..."
-> "KimYe"
-> ""Political Cronyism"
-> "Hump Daaaay"
I would also appreciate it if we could all make a concerted effort to ease up on the selfies. If you're doing something extraordinary, I'm sure someone else will have the camera rolling. Thank you.
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment