Ads

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Say It Ain't So!

Hello My Dear Friends. Once again, while watching the news, I began to wonder how civilization will survive. First, I hear about a recent study from the University of Michigan that says watching "romantic" shows like 'The Bachelor' are skewing people's beliefs of what romance should be. Really? The Bachelor? People, if you believe that group dating a stranger, while begging for a rose, is what romance should be, you've got yourself some issues. I suggest that you turn off the TV, plant a rose bush and seek therapy.
Former President Bill Clinton has taken to the 'talk circuit' in an attempt to mop up the mess the Mrs. made saying the couple was "dead broke" when they left the White House and that they're "not too well off" now. Since the Clinton's are worth about $200 million, opponents immediately said Mrs. Clinton was "out of touch" with the average American. Mr. Clinton, admitting they were "very fortunate" but said "being wealthy doesn't make you out of touch". He said that he and the Mrs.still go to their "local grocery store every weekend". LOL! Anyone believe that Bill and Hillary are out pricing beef and squeezing melons every weekend? As a matter of fact, I believe it was Bill's squeezing of melons while he was in the White House, that caused many of their problems. While I agree that being wealthy doesn't automatically mean that you're out of touch (unless you're Mitt Romney) I do believe that Mrs. Clinton may be "out of touch" with reality. She is currently on her way to UNLV to give a speech, for $250,000. In a related note, in an interview this week Chelsea Clinton said she "doesn't care about money". Then she went home to her $11 million dollar Ivory Tower in New York City. It's easy not to care about something you have so much of, I guess.
I'm sure, by now, you've heard about the Uruguayan soccer player who bit one of his Italian opponents on the shoulder. Most people grow out of that biting phase by age two. FIFA is investigating the incident and the biter, Luis Suarez, could face anything from a two game suspension to a two year suspension. That's not the amazing thing. The kicker is that Suarez has been suspended TWICE BEFORE for doing the exact same thing! Correct me if I'm wrong but, if you walked up to a person on the street and bit them, you'd be arrested, right? I, myself, have had overwhelming cravings for Italian food, but this seems a little extreme. Soccer is a tough game and every team has an enforcer, but why not just kick him in the nuts like everyone else? I think Mr. Suarez has some deeper issues. Maybe he's teething. Perhaps it's an oral fixation issue. I don't know but I think he needs to go.
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment