Ads

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My War On Stupid!

Hello My Dear Friends! Hot enough for ya? It seems like every time there is a Supreme Court ruling or major Government policy change all of the morons race to the forefront to proudly wave their "ignorance flag". First off, the case decided by SCOTUS was " Sebelius vs Hobby Lobby". That's because the point at issue was not part of the Affordable Care Act. It was a mandate added by HHS after the bill was passed. It was never voted on by our elected officials. Without taking sides on the SCOTUS ruling let me just say that no one is being denied birth control. The Pill is still covered. 16 of the 20 contraceptives listed in the HHS mandate are covered. The ruling allowed 4 specific options to be omitted from coverage. Those options, they argued, amount to sterilization or are used after, what the church considers, is when life begins. Agree or disagree, it's up to you. I am a little perturbed by the people who insist that a business has no right to "impose their religious beliefs on their employees". Really? So, I assume all of these people will be working on Christmas? Easter? These are the same people who went ballistic when retail stores opened on Thanksgiving. If you truly believe that religion has no place in business then you have to believe that religious holidays should be like every other work day, right? I know, you're thinking this is comparing apples to oranges but I disagree. Once again, the vocal opposition is picking and choosing what they believe is right for everyone. Guess what. Nothing is right, or wrong, for everyone. Hobby Lobby employees, who, by the way, start at a minimum wage of $14 an hour, can get the "morning after" pill at Planned Parenthood. They're not being denied. My insurance didn't cover my cholesterol medication. I paid for it out of pocket. Life's like that. There are, of course, calls for a boycott of Hobby Lobby. Why not? Put them out of business! Then all of those employees will get their IUD's paid for, right? Our money says "In God We Trust"; the Supreme Court begins each session with a prayer; there were 11 Christmas trees in the White House last year; elected officials are sworn in with their hand on a bible. The SCOTUS decision hasn't broken any new ground or flung open any floodgates. There is no war on women in this Country. You're being manipulated. Stop letting others convince you that you are a victim. If you want to see what an actual war on women looks like, you need only to look at Nigeria, Iraq or India. Those women are under attack. So, my friends, today I declare a War on Stupid. Join me or unfriend me because there's no turning back now!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment