Ads

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

NIMBY!

Hello My Dear Friends! You've all heard the expression "Not In My Backyard". Well, it looks like we're about to get a chance to live it. By "we", I mean ME! As you know, the Government is looking for new places to stash the thousands of illegal immigrants pouring over our unprotected or under-protected southern border. The Feds are now looking to move about 200 unaccompanied minors from Central America to a vacant convent owned by the Sisters of Saint Francis. That particular convent happens to be about 8 blocks from my house! I happen to know that there are four vacant school buildings in Washington, D.C. Why not move the little angels there? As a matter of fact, the Government currently owns 77,000 empty or nearly empty buildings, costing taxpayers $1.7 Billion a year! Why not house these future tax burdens in one of those structures? Why move them to a residential neighborhood in Syracuse, NY? I'll tell you why. Because they can. Now, our President is asking for $3.7 billion to "address this crisis". Are you kidding me? Here's an idea. Instead of loading them into buses and shipping them to unwitting small town neighborhoods, load them into buses and send them back to where they came from! Look, I'm not anti-immigration. My grandparents were immigrants. Legal Immigrants. I'm all for legal immigration. What's happening now is tantamount to an invasion. It needs to stop. So, today, the President went to Texas. Not to visit the border. To raise money for democratic candidates. He's not getting within 500 miles of the border. So, in the midst of the "crisis" the President decides to ask for billions of dollars but can't find the time to actually visit the devastated area. Classy. That's leadership at it's finest. The President also says that republican requests to finally complete the "Mexican Border Fence" are ridiculous. The President says fences don't keep people out. It makes one wonder why, then, there is a fence around the White House. Why do we build fences around airports? Why do we build fences at all? I guess they're just pretty. So, as the Presidents skips around the country raising money and Congress sits on it's collective ass and does nothing, I guess I'll just roll out the welcome mat for my 200 new neighbors!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment