Ads

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 50 -The Anger Returns

Hello People. I have returned from my extended anger vacation. It's not healthy to actually channel anger on a daily basis. It will make your fur fall out! It will! Anyway, before I vent, let me begin by saying that I fully understand how aging affects one's memory. I, myself, have misplaced my catnip pillow on more than one occasion. I've watched the captor walk into another room, only to return and ask if anyone knew why she had gone there. It happens. However, some things you just don't forget...
NBC Nightly News Anchor Brian Williams has apologized for claiming that, 12 years ago, while covering the Iraq War, the helicopter he was travelling in was shot down. It never happened. After being called out on his comments from someone who actually was on the chopper that was struck by an RPG, Williams blamed the "fog of memory over 12 years" for his "mistake". Seriously? You thought you were on a helicopter that was shot down? There's a problem here. You're still lying. You apologized by saying that you were actually in the chopper behind the one that was shot down. Turns out you actually arrived an hour later and had the event told to you by someone who had actually been on the chopper. Well, sure, I can see how you could confuse all this. There's another problem though. It's seems that you've told the same "harrowing" tale before, more than once, since 2007. Luckily, others around you have a less "foggy" memory than you. So, Mr. Williams, your apology falls a little short. I'm shocked that you've gotten away with your "hey, look at me" story as long as you have. There was an NBC news crew with you at the time. Not one of them had the balls to step forward and call you out? I guess integrity isn't a prerequisite for working at NBC. One has to wonder what other tall tales you've been telling. One also has to wonder if we can believe anything reported by NBC, knowing now that the network has no problem not only telling a lie, but exploiting it when it serves their purpose. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Media Sucks! Oh, while I'm at it, and this has bugged me for the longest time, Mr. Williams, you're head is too big. I don't just mean figuratively. I mean, your head is literally, physically, too big. It drives me nuts. I'm just saying....
Sway

No comments:

Post a Comment