Ads

Friday, February 5, 2016

Thoughts Over Catnip

Hello My Dear Friends! You know how, sometimes, when you're dealing with someone who is really rude, you take a deep breath and continue to be pleasant in spite of them? Sometimes your effort pays off and they come around to the nice side. Sometimes. Then there are those people who, no matter how hard you try, are just plain rude. Normally, I quietly envision myself smacking them in the head and try to get my business done as quickly as possible. Today, however, this woman was so rude I couldn't breath deep enough. So, I said, as evenly as possible, "If you find this job so overwhelming why don't you find something more your speed, like medical guinea pig or human test dummy"? It got a few chuckles from the other people in line. The rude woman, however, was shocked. She glared at me and handed me my bag. As I walked away I heard her say "I don't need this shit". I beg to differ. I think you do!
I saw a story on the news today where a giant crane in NYC crashed to the ground, killing one person and injuring two others. I thought, wow, that really speaks to the randomness of life. One minute you're sitting in your car fiddling with the radio and the next, BAM, a giant crane falls on your head. The end. What are the odds.
Do you ever wonder why lemon juice has artificial flavoring but dish washing liquid has real lemons?
Or why you never see the headline "Psychic wins lottery"? Maybe it's just me. I picked up a bag of Fritos that had a sticker on it that read "You may be a winner; No purchase necessary; Details inside". I was tempted to rip it open but I didn't think the store would see the humor in it.
I'll leave you with this, my friends. An ancient Greek sculpture, currently being housed at the J Paul Getty Museum in Malibu, is believed to be from the year 100BC. It has many from the tinfoil hat brigade claiming that it is proof that time travel exists. You be the judge...
Personally, I think it's a pizza. Enjoy the Weekend!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment