Ads

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Do What I Can

Hello My dear Friends. Many of you have contacted me saying "Your Majesty, you've been very quiet on the Syria issue. What's going on? What are we to think?" (or something like that). Anyway as I have acknowledged in the past, I realize how difficult it is for you to navigate this troubled world without my guidance. However, my team of social media consultants has advised me that my rather conservative view of the world, although 100% correct, turns off and, at times, offends some of my minions readers. Apparently not everyone is open to enlightenment. Therefore, I am trying to curb the political commentary. With that said, I do have a few random thoughts I'd like to share with you....
->Are you familiar with the tale of the Boy who Cried Wolf? Seems more and more relevant every day, doesn't it? In the end, the wolf eats the boy. I fear we will all soon be covered with ketchup.
->A headline on the NBC News website reads "American jihadi rapper reportedly killed in Somalia". I think I'm okay with that. Seriously. He was a dude from Alabama, who joined an al Qaeda linked Somali militant group and spent his days posting videos of himself, rapping about jihad, on YouTube. Is it any wonder that someone killed him? It was probably a relative.
->A 10 year old Tennessee student was asked to write an essay about her "idol". She wrote her essay about God. She was informed that God was not an "acceptable subject" for the assignment. She wrote about Michael Jackson instead. That was accepted without question. Lovely.
->Did you know that the U.S. Government owns one-third of all U.S. land, including 80% of Nevada and Alaska and half of Idaho. With that said, the Government now wants to spend another $2.3 Billion to purchase even more land. It isn't clear why but, what the heck, it's not like there's a deficit or anything.
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment