Ads

Friday, February 7, 2014

Yikes! I Know That Look.

Hello My Dear Friends! Usually, at the end of the week, I kick back with a little catnip and share my observations of the world with you. Today, however, I'd rather relay a story the captor told me. The captor arrived home this afternoon with that telltale vein popping out of her neck. It happens when she's forced to swallow her anger. We all know that look well. It's usually work related but not today. I sat her down, dug my claw lovingly into her leg and said 'tell me all about it dear'. It seems the captor went to the pharmacy to refill my prescription for syringes. As you know, I am diabetic and require two shots of insulin daily. The follow conversation ensued:
Captor:  "Hi. I'm here to pick up a prescription for Denman"
Tech:  "Okay. (pause) PoKitty"?
Captor:  "Yes".
Tech: (Pause) "Oh, we don't have that. We don't have a prescription for it. It's not here".
Captor:  We dropped off the prescription on Wednesday".
Tech: (pause) "Yes, I remember that. There was a problem with the scrip. It was made out to you".
Captor: "Well, yes. PoKitty is a cat".
Tech: "I know but we can't fill a prescription if the name on it isn't correct".
Captor: (deep breath) "Yes, well, PoKitty is an indoor cat so she isn't able to drive to the pharmacy herself, so I usually do it for her, like I have for the past 8 years".
Tech:  "I get that but the scrip is usually made out for her, not you, so I can't fill it. It's the law".
Captor: (deep breath) "Okay, oh, what was I thinking, the needles aren't for PoKitty, they're for me".
Tech:  "I can't fill a veterinarian's prescription for a person".
Captor: (deeper breath) You know, I really need these needles and the vet's office is all the way across town".
Tech:  "All we need is a verbal confirmation that the scrip is for PoKitty. We actually called the office and left a message but they never got back to us".
Captor:  "Why didn't someone call me and let me know there was a problem"?
Tech:  "I don't have an answer for that".
Captor: "Okay, I'll just call the office and have them straighten this out".
The captor walks to the waiting area and calls my personal physician, explains the issue and attempts to hand the phone to the Tech.....
Tech:  "I'm sorry. I can't take that. They have to call us directly".
Captor: (nearly hyperventilating) "What's the number and whom should she ask for"?
Tech: (gives the number) "She can just ask for me".
Captor (vein bulging) "And you are..."?
Tech:  "I'm Gerry"
The captor goes back to the waiting area while the phone confirmation is settled. There is no one else at the pharmacy.  Approximately 7 minutes later...
Tech:  (looking around) "Denman"?
Captor: (standing two feet away) "Yes. Still here".
Tech "We don't have those needles in stock. I've ordered them. They should be here tomorrow".
Captor: "Am I being punked? Is John Quinones here"?
Tech: "Who"?
Captor: (about to blow) "John Quinones, What Would You Do? Never mind. I really need those needles. Why didn't you order them when we dropped the prescription off"?
Tech: (hands her a bag of 5 needles) "Because we couldn't fill that prescription. You can pick up the rest tomorrow".
Captor: "You what? Never mind. What time tomorrow"?
Tech: (blank and fearful stare) Ummmm...
Captor: (red faced and breathing deeply) "Forget it. Just forget it. I'll be back on Monday".
Tech: "That would be good. You might want to call first, just to make sure they're here. Have a nice day".
Hehehehehe. You should have seen the captor's face. It was precious! To her credit, no one got hurt. TGIF!
Po
p.s. If you're wondering which pharmacy it was, I'll give you a hint....


No comments:

Post a Comment