Ads

Saturday, April 5, 2014

You're Kidding, Right?

Hello My Dear Friends! Every now and then someone says something that actually makes me laugh out loud. Congressman Jim Moran (D-VA) has the distinction of giving me the biggest laugh of the month! The Congressman said, and I quote, "I think that the American people should know that the members of Congress are underpaid. I understand that it is widely felt that [members] under perform, but the fact is that this is the board of directors for the largest economic entity in the world and a lot of members can't even afford to live decently when they are at their job in Washington". I know, right! I'm still laughing my fur off! In case you don't know, U.S. Congressman earn $174,000 a year. They are in session less than 150 days each year. That's over $1100 a DAY! Underpaid? LOL! There are 435 Congressman in America. According to their publicly filed income reports, 241 of them are millionaires. That's 40%. Out of 100 U.S. Senators, 67 are millionaires. That's 67%. I'm not even adding in their perks, benefits and retirement plan! Rep. Moran went on to say that higher pay would decrease the temptation to accept "gifts" from lobbyists. This reminds me of an old W.C. Fields joke where he walks up to a woman and says "would you sleep with me for a million dollars"? The woman says yes so W.C. says "would you sleep with me for ten dollars"? The woman says, "No! What kind of woman do you think I am"? To which W.C. responds, "We've already established that. Now we're negotiating price". My point is, lack of character is lack of character. The cost of your soul is irrelevant. The fact that you're willing to sell it tells us all we need to know. So, Congressman Moran (who was born in Buffalo) you are NOT underpaid. You're an arrogant, elitist jerk who thinks "public service" is the road to riches. This Country is sinking. Stop rearranging the deck chairs!
Po

1 comment:

  1. Dear Po Kitty and Kathy, I didn't know about the information you put out there but they are way over paid. I am learning more about politics and disliking what I learn. We live in a huge fishbowl and are trapped in not to improve to a bigger bowl nor a better way of life. Yet they get all the big bowls and food and perks we stay tight in our little fishbowls. But your comment "Congressman Moran (who was born in Buffalo) you are NOT underpaid. You're an arrogant, elitist jerk who thinks "public service" is the road to riches. This Country is sinking. Stop rearranging the deck chairs" Gril thats a kickass comment and I so agree.

    ReplyDelete