Ads

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Well, It Took You Long Enough!

Hello My Dear Friends. I read the most fascinating article in the New York Daily News today. It was a look at Sandy Hook tragedy and what police now believe was the motive behind the slaughter. According to the article, the police now believe the killer, an avid video gamer, brought his "virtual" self into the "real world" and was living his video game fantasy. What I found fascinating is that it took them this long to figure that out!  Thumbing through some of my past musings, I came across something I posted on January 16th, at 1:04pm, cleverly titled "What We Really Need is People Control". In it, as you may recall, I outlined that exact same theory. I don't mention this to toot my own horn. I don't need to do that. My brilliance is obvious. I mention it because, once again, this issue, this theory, is being discounted. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has been quoted as saying there is "no statistical correlation" between video game use and gun violence. Perhaps not. But, what about video game obsession and mass shootings? why are the powers that be so afraid to admit that video game obsession, in some people, could lead to violent outbursts? Perhaps such a study would motivate more parents into monitoring their kids video game consumption. It seems to me that the powers that be are more interested in what we eat than what we do. I can guarantee there is no "statistical correlation" between consuming too many calories in one meal and violent behavior. Yet, every elected official on earth wants to monitor and limit some type of caloric intake. Does anyone else find it odd that McDonald's is required to list every gram of fat in a Happy Meal but ESA doesn't have to list the number of horrific, murderous acts in their video games? Once again, I find that you humans have your priorities completely screwed up. It's okay to let kids spend hours in their room simulating hundreds of violent acts as long as their soda is smaller that 16 ounces and there's no saturated fat in their diet. Yup. Makes perfect sense to me!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment