Ads

Monday, July 22, 2013

Oh Geraldo...

Hello My Dear Friends! I'm sure by now you've heard of, if not seen, the infamous Geraldo Rivera (semi) nude "selfie" that's gagging people around the world. A "selfie", if you're unaware, is a picture that one snaps of themselves and posts it on line. Like this:

This is a practice usually reserved for teenage girls and self absorbed celebs. Apparently Geraldo thinks he's a celeb! He posted it with the line "70 is the new 50". Um, no it isn't. I'm not going to re-post the picture or even post a link to it because, quite frankly, you can't un-see it and I don't want to be responsible for your nightmares. You're welcome. I tell you all of this because first, I can't close my eyes without seeing it and second, I believe it's another sign of the beginning of the end! Clearly, Geraldo has no shame. If you've followed his career in any way this comes as no surprise to you. The "sign" I see is that we've reached the point where grown people, in this case a senior citizen, have no boundaries. When someone like Rihanna posts a nude photo of herself, we know it's because she can't actually sing but still needs to sell records. She's 25 and beautiful. When someone like Geraldo posts a nude picture of himself, what are we to think? He's 70 and creepy. I have to wonder what it was like for him to walk into work today. All of your coworkers have now seen you naked. For most people, that's a recurring nightmare. For Geraldo, apparently, that's just Saturday night. How can anyone possibly take him seriously now, if in fact anyone took him seriously before. Maybe Geraldo is a bad example of this. Maybe it was just a desperate attempt to remain relevant. We've certainly seen that before. If it was, it was an epic fail! I can see him losing his job over this. I don't know if that's a bad thing or not but, it's got to be a bad thing for him, right? I just don't know how you explain such a thing to your employer. Do you say, "Well, I got out of the shower and thought 'damn I'm hot' I've got to share this with the world".  Or do you say, "Wow, I don't usually drink that much but....". I don't know. Either way, I don't think we've heard the last of the Geraldo Selfie and, I fear, we haven't seen the last of it either!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment