Ads

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Here I Go Again!

Hello My Dear Friends! Today I learned a valuable lesson that I felt compelled to share with you. I was listening to U.S. Congressman Keith Ellison speak on the role of Government. Mr. Ellison is a Democrat from Minnesota representing the 5th Congressional District in Minneapolis. The Congressman was discussing the federal deficit and proposed spending cuts. Mr. Ellison said "it's not that there's no money, there's plenty of money, the government just doesn't have it yet". Mr. Ellison went on to say that the government has a "right" to operate programs it establishes and the taxpayer has an "obligation" to supply the funding. You might want to read that again. It sounds to me like the Congressman believes that my (and your) hard earned money doesn't actually belong to me (or you) but is part of a bottomless well that the government can drink from whenever they see fit. Wow! Who knew that? I wonder if he shared this view while on the campaign trail? Since these are the same voters who saw fit to put Al Franken in the Senate and elect Jesse Ventura Governor, I wouldn't be surprised. So, I now humbly ask the residents of Minnesota to either stop voting or secede from the union. It seems that every time you Minnesotans are given the opportunity to select representation you flip out. Are your election booths giant Pin the Tail on the Donkey games? Do they blindfold you and spin you around before they send you into the booth to vote? How can so many people be so wrong so often? Even your sports teams suck! Secession is the only answer. People of Minnesota please become your own Country or merge with Canada. Thank you!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment