Ads

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Oh Miley, My, My, MY!

Hello My Dear Friends. I guessing that you've heard by now that former Disney star Miley Cyrus put on quite a show at the Video Music Awards the other night. I would have described her as "pop star" Miley Cyrus but she really isn't a star. She's a celebrity. To be a star, one would have to at least ONE number 1 hit. She does not. But, I digress. People are up in arms over her performance on the MTV VMA show. Why? I'm not really sure. Yes, it was a ridiculous, sexually explicit bit of tripe. So what? It's not like she was on Nickelodeon. Parents who complained said their children expected to see "Hannah Montana". Seriously? She hasn't played that character in years. And, dear parents, if you're so concerned about what your kids view, why were they watching MTV at 9:00 PM on a Sunday night? Shame on you. Did I see the live performance? Of course not! Why on earth would I be watching the MTV Video Music Awards? Do they even make music videos anymore? Allow me to offer a little reality check. The purpose of Miley's performance was, number one, to destroy her Disney image. Mission accomplished. The second goal was to promote her new album. Well, "Bangerz" won't even be released until October, but pre-sales on iTunes after the show lifted it to #5 on the pop charts. I'd call that a win. Goal number 3 was to create a buzz about her transformation. LOL, check. So, in the big scheme of things, it was probably the greatest performance of her life. Following in the footsteps of former Disney stars like Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilera, slutty works. The only question now is does she have the musical chops to pull off her new adult image. I doubt it. She really can't sing, but that's for another blog. Another thing that bothers me about this whole"controversy" is that picture of the Smith family all aghast. It went viral even though it was taken while they were watching Lady Gaga, not Miley Cyrus. Leave it to the media not to let the facts get in the way of a good story. So people, let me leave you with this one final thought. There are a lot more important things going on in this world to get enraged over. Next time try turning the channel.
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment