Ads

Monday, October 28, 2013

I Feel Better Already!

Hello My Dear Friends! I have to tell you, I was really worried about the launch of Obamacare and how it would affect hard working, middle class people like my captor. It turns out I've been worrying about nothing. The President said "If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan". Well, unless your health plan carrier decides to drop your current plan. Then you'll have to get a different one. Oh, and your current doctor may not be registered with your new plan so you'll have to get a new doctor or switch to whichever plan your doctor is registered with. The President said "80% of Americans will be paying less for better coverage". He also said "The average American will only pay about $100 per month".  He said "Most Americans who do see an increase will qualify for Government subsidies to help pay for that coverage. Sounds great! Who can argue with that? Well, I've just finished reviewing the captor's health care options for 2014. 'Like your plan, keep your plan', Umm, No. Our current plan is no longer being offered. It's been replaced by an "HDHP", that's a "High Deductible Health Plan". There is no choice. The health plan explains that this method puts ME in control of how more of my healthcare dollars are spent. Yes, it does. That's because we're now paying $9000.00 out of pocket before our "coverage" begins! Isn't that great! That means we pay 100% of office visits, prescriptions, urgent care, etc., until our deductible is met. I feel so empowered now. Let's see now, '80% of Americans will pay less for better coverage'. I guess I'm in that sad 20% who's paying more for less coverage. 'Only about $100 a month'. Nope, double that and then some. 'If you see an increase you might qualify for a subsidy'. Nope. We sure don't. So I can shop around and find something better, right? Nope. Because my employer offers coverage, I don't qualify for any of the "benefits" on the Exchange. So, to recap, I have one option for health insurance, my premiums are double what the President said, my out of pockets costs have doubled and I have less coverage. And I was worried! Thank you Mr. President! You've saved the day. How did this Country survive so long without you?
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment