Ads

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

While You Were Sleeping

Hello My Dear Friends! I apologize for my lengthy absence but I've been busy trying to log on to the Obamacare website. Paws crossed, maybe today will be the day! I jest. There's no chance today will be the day. Anyway, several interesting things have come to my attention while I was "investing in my healthcare future". It was 30 years ago today, that a lunatic in a bomb laden truck drove into the barracks of the 1st Battalion 8th Marines in Beirut, blowing it to bits and killing 241 American Service Members; 220 Marines, 18 Sailors and 3 Soldiers. 58 french Paratroopers were also killed. The man widely believed to be responsible for the planning and execution of that attack is Hossein Dehghen. Who? Hossein Dehghen, now a Brigadier General, is the newly appointed Defense Minister of Iran. Yup. He's the man our Government is now "negotiating with" to strengthening US-Iran ties. Charming, right? Chris Matthews, the wing nut who does Hardball on MSNBC, was doing his nightly trashing of Sen.Ted Cruz when he turned to a video of Cruz and said "we should put some music to this. Do we have any Mexican music"? They all had a great laugh and moved on. Where to begin? I don't know what surprises me more; Matthew's ignorance, his blatant racism or the fact that there were no repercussions. No one seems to care. I think the racism is pretty apparent. The ignorance comes in the fact that Cruz is not Mexican. He was actually born in Canada. His parents are Cuban. But, I guess those people are all the same, right Chris? Imagine, if you will, that Bill O'Reilly held up a picture of the President and asked if there was any African music? Do you think the outcome would have been the same? I suspect not. I realize that Matthews is the same man who proudly declared that every time he hears this President speak "I get a chill up my leg". He's also the one who, on election night said, "I'm glad that storm happened (Super Storm Sandy). Not in terms of hurting people but the storm brought in possibilities for good politics". Millions of people were still without power when he said it. Luck for them, they didn't have to hear it. I don't know why I'd expect anything better out of MSNBC.
Po

2 comments:

  1. Dear PoKitty your wise beyond your years again your right and brought things out I had forgotten all about.. I don't get why we would negotiate with Hossein Dehghen hmm must be a Obama thing... Thanks for the read Po and I hope to be at the Veterans doings out to the fairgrounds. Put info on your Facebook page Thanks

    ReplyDelete