Ads

Friday, May 2, 2014

TGIF Random Thoughts

Hello My Dear Friends. The big Crawfish Festival takes place in Syracuse this weekend. Thousands of people will turn out to indulge. The ritual for eating these crawfish, as explained to the captor, is to "snap off their heads and suck out what's in the shell". I don't even want to know who came up with that idea but I'll respectfully pass. I guess I'm lucky. I've never been hungry enough to snap off the head of anything and suck it's guts out. Thank you Lord. I can say that, by the way. May 1st is the National Day of Prayer and, as they do every year, the haters came out of the woodwork. They want the National Day of Prayer changed to the National Day of Reason because, they believe, the former violates the "separation of church and state".  I assume they're referring to the First Amendment which, as you may know, says nothing about the "separation of church and state". It says, in part, that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". Why is it that the people who are first to scream that their constitutional rights being violated are usually the ones who have no idea what the constitution says? Let me help them out. The constitution gives you the right to practice your religion. That's freedom OF religion. The constitution does not give you the right FROM religion, meaning other people get to practice their religion too, whether you like it or not. I hope this clears things up. The First Amendment also says something about the freedom of speech but apparently no one gets that one either. Why is the third hand on a watch called the second hand? The media is all abuzz about Oklahoma's "botched execution" of Clayton Lockett. What botched execution? He's dead, isn't he? Sounds like a win to me. Enjoy the weekend!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment