Ads

Monday, November 3, 2014

Angry Days 4-7!

Hello People. Welcome back to my world of 100 days of Pissed Off! I hope 100 days is enough to clear my plate.
#4 The Washington Redskins "controversy". A couple thousand people turned out in Minnesota to protest the "Redskins" nickname yesterday. This is the dumbest protest on Earth today. Did you know that Annenberg Public Policy Center found that 90% of Native Americans surveyed did NOT find the term "Redskin" offensive. Did you know that 62 high schools in the US have the Redskins nickname and, three of the schools are Native American Schools? With that said, I have a few other statistics for you. The unemployment rate among Native Americans is 11% compared to 6.7% national average. 25% of Native Americans live in poverty compared to the 16% national average. Native Americans have the highest suicide rate among ethnic groups. These are facts. Why, then, I ask you, are these knuckleheads protesting a nickname? If they truly cared about their people there are far more important issues to focus on! So, knock it off, you're pissing me off!
#5 Food packaging. Have you noticed how much heavier food packaging is getting? I pulled the "absorbent pad" off the bottom of some chicken on Saturday and it weighed nearly a pound! Bigger boxes and bags with less and less product inside, water added, bone-in verses bone out prices. Hey Manufacturers, why don't you spend more time improving the quality of your product and less time looking for ways to rip us off! You piss me off!
#6 Political robo-calls. Are you kidding me! You call me, in my home, and play a recording of what you're about? I already know what you're about. You're about narcissism! You clearly don't care what I think. What if I had a question? You want my vote, you just don't want to talk to me about it? Too busy, are you? Thank goodness I'm not too busy to answer the phone. If you're too busy to talk, don't call me. You piss me off!
Sway

No comments:

Post a Comment