Ads

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Don't Make Me Run For President!

Hello my dear friends. I'm getting quite fed up with all of this nonsense. You know how much I detest politics! Why must the utter incompetence of the media continually draw me into this position? Why are we not discussing how the Prez quietly, without any input from Congress, ripped a hole in the Welfare Reform Act? I'll tell you why. Because NO ONE is reporting it!!! Last Thursday, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius sent out a policy memo to the States saying they may seek a waiver to the work requirements in TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Program in order to "explore alternative solutions". Call me crazy, but what alternative to getting people off welfare would be more successful than requiring that they look for work? According to the directive, TANF recipients could better spend their time in educational or job readiness programs than actually looking for work. Huh? So you're saying that, instead of looking for work, it would be better if they spent their time preparing for a job they'll never find. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's going to be awfully hard to find a job you're not actually looking for! It's madness people. Shear Madness! And, again it could be just me, what would be your motivation to find work? Let's see..rent-paid for; food-taken care of; health care, spending money, cell phone, WiFi, all paid for, rides provided; child care provided; stigma erased. Yes! I think I'll scrap all that and go flip burgers at McDonalds. Brilliant! I believe the Prez has finally figure out how to solve this nations welfare burden. Make it a way of life. Why didn't I think of that! Why force people to look for work? All of that stress and such can really ruin a good morning buzz. Let's just say, as long as you're happy, we're happy. Problem solved.
Po
Here's a link if you're not already upset enough.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/13/republicans-accuse-hhs-gutting-welfare-reform-with-quiet-policy-change/

No comments:

Post a Comment