Ads

Friday, May 11, 2012

That Must Have Been One Heck of a Duck!

Hello my dear friends. I needed a little catnip to wrap my head around this one. Actor George Clooney threw a little dinner party for the Prez and people paid $40-thousand dollars a plate! I must admit that I do enjoy roast duck on occasion but I can't imagine what you'd have to do to a duck to make it worth 40 grand! It did come with artichoke salad and sweet corn tortellini, all made by Wolfgang Puck, but still, that seems a little pricey to me. I'm not sure if the drinks were included but, imagining the content of the "program" I would think drinks would not only be included but mandatory. Of course it is easy to paint a rosy picture of the state of the country when the poorest person in the room is Jack Black. His call to raise taxes on people who earn more than a million dollars a years was praised by those who actually earn about 30 million a year. Of course half of them probably won't bother paying their taxes anyway. Do you think they buy all of these homes and property overseas for the view? Then you have the "clueless" celebs like Nicholas Cage, Wesley Snipes, Willie Nelson, Ozzie Osborne, Christie Brinkley and a host of others who simply claim they thought "someone else" was paying their taxes. It's that kind of genius that make Hollywood the gleaming example of success it is. Anyway, the rich and clueless got a chance to stand and cheer the Prez when he reiterated that he "thinks same sex couples deserve the same rights and benefits as heterosexual couples". That statement was certainly well timed. You see, pre-sale tickets to his $40K soiree were extremely low until the Prez had his revelation. Sales more than doubled Thursday night. What a coincidence! Don't get me wrong, it was a cool thing to say. It doesn't actually change anything except to give the haters new energy. I would have preferred that he call for the repeal of DOMA (Bill Clinton's gift to gays) but you can't have everything. Anyway, take the private plane to LA, feast on roast duckling, hobnob with Hollywood's leftist elite to discuss what's best for the rest of us and then walk away with $15 million in your pocket. Sounds like a pretty good evening to me. Sorry I missed it.
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment