Ads

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Road Rage

Hello my dear friends. The captor has just returned from a visit to Grandma-land as she was so stressed upon her return, I swear, you could bounce a quarter off her neck! I did my part to relax her by allowing her to hold me, for a moment. I even threw her a purr before digging my claws into her shoulder. I know, I know, there are other ways to get down. There is the wiggle or pushing away sans claws, but I have found that my claw to the shoulder maneuver is the most effective method for a quick release. Anyway, the cause of the captor's stress was a thing called "the thruway". Apparently travelling this thruway on a Sunday is very stressful. According to the captor, who travels the thruway quite frequently, "Massholes" (drivers from Massachusetts)and "Canuisances" (drivers from Canada) are the leading cause of road rage in America. Followed by, but not limited to Truckers who attempt to pass on inclines, Lane hoppers when dart back and forth between lanes, and the multitude of distracted drivers who sway back and forth within their lanes while playing with their smart phone, proving that their phone is in fact the only smart thing in their car. There is crossover as well. The captors says that when there is a back up caused by a trucker attempting to pass on an incline, 9 times out of 10 you will find that said truck has Canadian plates. In addition, the majority of Massholes are also lane hoppers. Go figure. Also, apparently, on Sunday, the normal rules of driving, like no speeding, no tailgating, signaling lane changes, slow traffic staying to the right and left lane for passing only, are all suspended on this thruway. This, according to the captor, creates a very stressful and, at times, dangerous, two hour drive. So, if you don't understand where road rage comes from, just take a Sunday drive on the thruway. You'll never wonder again. Po

No comments:

Post a Comment