Ads

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pet Peeves? I have a few.

Hello my dear friends. As you may know, there is very little that you humans do that doesn't annoy me. However, there are some things that you do that simply drive me nuts! My main peeves (great word) generally involve they way you drive but today I want to discuss shopping etiquette and your lack thereof. Let me say that I am usually opposed to any "self serve" business, especially when it involves something, like pumping gas, that businesses used to do for you and/or when it doesn't save me any money to do it myself. With that said, I actually like the self-check out scanners in the supermarkets. It spares me from the mindless chatter I'm forced to endure with the perky clerk and it prevents my bread and eggs from getting crushed by said clerk. What I don't enjoy and, quite frankly don't understand, is the person behind you who can't wait until you're finished. I'll explain. The captor was at BJ's going through the self check out lane. Before she had a chance to remove her items from the collection area, the Goober behind her starting sailing his stuff down the belt right into the captor's groceries. The captor politely said "excuse me, could you hold up a second"? The Goober gave her a dirty look and sailed another box down the line. This behavior, in a civilized society, is of course unacceptable. Most people know that. Many do not. Apparently the Goober was in too big of a hurry to wait his turn. People, in a self check out lane, it is not your turn until the person ahead of you walks away with their stuff. That's not a "guideline" that a RULE! Wait your freakin turn. By the way, if you're wondering how the captor handled it, she sailed the next box back up the belt, causing the machine to shut down and require that all items be removed and re-scanned. You should have seen the look the Goober gave her then! Then she smiled and walked away to the faint sound of a Goober shouting "a**hole" in the background. Next time he'll probably follow the rules.
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment