Ads

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Click "Share" if You're a Goober!

Hello my dear friends. Once again, a quick scroll through the Facebook page has left me both annoyed and confused. First of all, whomever is creating all of these "adorable" cat pictures with the grammatically mangled captions, PLEASE STOP! As a cat, I can assure you that I have a firm grasp on your English language. Dare I say, in some cases, my grasp is more firm than many humans. So, please stop depicting my species as illiterate! Adorable, yes. Illiterate, no. It has come to my attention that some people spend all day just posting "cute" little sayings, phrases and "thoughts" on Facebook. Please stop this. This is what bumper stickers and tee shirts are for; to let people know that you have never had a clever or original thought but appreciate people who do. This brings me to my final issue (for today) and that is "Click Share If You...". People, people, people. Trust me when I tell you that I love my mother and she knows it. Everyone who knows me knows it. I don't need to click an information gathering, market tracking Facebook link to prove it and, neither do you. "Click share if you're against child abuse", "Click share if you love your children", "Click share if you love Jesus". Here's my take. All of those translate as follows: Click share if you like pop-up ads. Click share if you like targeted marketing. Click share if you're a Goober! By the way, you can also trust that I will never copy and paste your cause onto my status update. It's not that I don't respect your cause, even though it probably wasn't your cause until someone sent it to you, it's that I don't want to clutter up your Facebook page. If you agree with any or all of this, please share it with your friends
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment