Ads

Thursday, April 5, 2012

What I know for sure


Hello my dear friends. A good friend of mine became suddenly ill. She's fighting her way back but it got me to thinking that no one is guaranteed a tomorrow so I had a long talk with Consequella today. Yes, she is amazingly beautiful. Let's move on. Anyway, I turned 12 kitty years old last month. Based on my lineage and size that makes me about 68 people years old. I've had to raise several kitties in my day and now our baby, Sway, is becoming a cat. I decided to pass on some of my vast knowledge to her. "Baby" (that's what I call her because #1 she's the baby and #2 Consequella is about the goofiest name I've ever heard)! "Baby, I'm way to old to know nothing and you're way to young to know everything so sit still and zip it"! Here is my guide to growing older. First, the obvious.
*Family is, and always will be, the core of who you are. You don't have to be blood to be family, you just have to love and be loved, fleas and all. That's how we became a family.
*Good friends are hard to find. So, when you do find them, treat them like the blessing they are. Life is a team sport so build the strongest team you can and you'll never be alone.
*People, in general, are goobers. They don't mean to be. They just are. So be tolerant and forgiving when you can but don't be a sucker. If someone wrongs you, end them! (figuratively of course)
*Money can't buy happiness but poverty sucks so work hard and always do your best. You may never be rich but you'll always have what you need and, sometimes, a little extra for catnip.
Now some things I've learned through trial and error. Not my error mind you. I do not make mistakes. These I things I've learned by watching others screw up.
*If you mess up, own it. The cover up is always worse than the crime. Fess up, take your lumps and move on. Hopefully you'll learn from it.
*Never share a secret that isn't yours to share. Gossip is for goobers.
*"If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing" sounds good in theory but, in reality, sometimes bad things need to be said, just be careful who you say them too.
*You notice that the shorter your bucket list gets the longer your fucket list gets. Don't ever let your fucket list outgrow your bucket list or you'll end up at Bingo every night.
*Don't excuse bad behavior. Confront it or it will drive you nuts. Don't be a vigilante but don't be a doormat either. If someone treats you poorly, let them know it.
*Never leave home without chap stick, hand sanitizer and breath mints. Trust me.
*Become a "regular" at at least one restaurant. That way, in a pinch, you'll always get a good meal.
Finally, my dear Consequella, winning isn't everything but losing isn't anything so, if given the opportunity, go for the win. Live long and prosper Baby!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment