Ads

Friday, November 11, 2011

God Bless the U.S.A.

Hello my dear friends!  Today is Veterans Day.  I would like to thank all of the brave men and women who have served this Nation, proudly and honorably. Thank you all for the freedoms we take for granted each day, like the simple freedom to blog, Facebook or Tweet. Thank you for the freedom to say what we think and, if we choose, to sleep in a park on Wall Street! This is the point where I would normally quote my personal idol, Ronald Reagan, but I see my captor beat me to that on her FB page, so I will instead quote Lee Greenwood:
If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I'd worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.
I'd thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can't take that away.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the one's who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
Thank you to all those who have served and those who are now serving. You are always in our Prayers!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment