Ads

Monday, November 14, 2011

Ho Ho Hold on there buddy!

Hello my dear friends. If you are planning to travel over Christmas you may want to hold off on wrapping any gifts you're bringing.  The TSA says it can and will open any wrapped gifts you try to carry on the plane. He was, of course arrested. It all stems from a Goober at LAX in California who had the brilliant idea to gift wrap his reefer and carry it on the plane. TSA officials say people try to "smuggle" illegal items on to the plane, like weapons, by gift wrapping them. So, they say, be prepared.  If they feel your wrapped package looks suspicious, they'll unwrap it. Now, I don't know about you, but I frequently give weapons as Christmas gifts! Grandma is still raving about last year's brass knuckles. And, what says Peace on Earth better than a switchblade? If I wake up on Christmas morning and don't find at least one explosive in my stocking I feel cheated.  Don't you? Since traveling on the Holidays is always an easy, breezy, stress-free time, this tiny inconvenience may create a delay or two. This can all be avoided, of course, if you pack your presents and check them with your luggage. Just don't go over that 50 pound luggage limit.  That'll cost you.  You can pack them in a second bag but that'll cost you even more. Quite a dilemma.  You could ship your Christmas presents ahead but, that too rules out weapons. Sorry Grandpa, no Glock this year. Can't send weapons through the mail. So, what is a kitty to do? Here are a few suggestions to make Holiday travel a little easier for everyone. First, don't be a moron. It's not just the airlines that make air travel such a pain.  It's you "Mr. & Mrs. 4 giant carry-on bags 'cause I don't want to pay $30". And you Mr. (or Mrs.) "I can't be in the air for an hour without devouring a Big Mac or onion sandwich". And you Mr. (or Mrs.) "how far can I push this seat back before I'm actually sitting with the person behind me". Sorry to drone on, you get my point. People suck! I was once on a flight where this genius decided to polish her nails! On an airplane! Uhm, you know that smells, right? Second, don't try to "sneak things" on the plane. You know what you can and can't carry on a plane. Don't hold the rest of us up because you think you just can't live without your metal nail file. Trust me, you can. Finally, if the security agent asks you to do something, just do it. Open it, take it off, lift it up, step aside, leave it behind, whatever. Don't argue. You're not going to win. You're just going to prolong the process. It may seem unreasonable. It may be unreasonable but hey, keep your eye on the goal. There's no place like home for the Holidays! Let's all just get there safely.
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment