Ads

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Recession. What recession?

Hello my dear friends.  I just read the most fascinating article. It said that Americans are expected to spend 50 billion dollars this year on their pets. That's billion with a "B". My first thought, of course, is what the hell are you people spending all that money on? Why am I, and my fellow captors, not reaping any of the benefits of this wild spending spree?
Yes, it is true that I am an insulin diabetic, requiring two shots daily. I do understand that medication, supplies and doctors visits can be a little expensive. Okay, so I can't eat food with filler because of my condition but $50 billion.  Seriously? This can't possibly be true. That's over $4 billion a month!
A story like that leads the reader to believe that people are out spending money willy-nilly on all sorts of ridiculous and unnecessary things. Like people just run around throwing money at every little thing they see.
If that were true, this prison would be filled with fun, warm and cool places to play.  Believe me, it isn't! 
Okay, yes, I have a throne. I deserve one. I'm a Princess! That is not extravagant. That's a necessity. And it surely didn't cost that much. Anyway, I stand by my initial reaction. I believe the article took liberties with the amount. $50 billion dollars a year! That's impossible.
What could you possibly spend that much money on?
Po


No comments:

Post a Comment