Ads

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One Down; One to Go!

Hello People. Thank goodness my Birthday Celebration is over. I'm exhausted! All of the decorating, visiting, eating, celebrating, travelling, shopping and entertaining. It's all a Kitty can do to make it through with her sanity! But, the celebrating isn't over yet. There's still the odd human tradition of New Year's Eve. I still can figure that one out. I've watched the captors for several years now. Why do humans always spend the first day of the brand new year asleep on the couch? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good nap, but this behavior seems strange to me. First everyone appears very excited about the arrival of this new year. There's music and laughter, eating and toasting, dancing and kissing, all leading up to an entire day spent unproductively lying on the couch. What is the meaning of this? I would think that, after such an exciting lead up, you would want to hit the ground running in this new year. But no. Apparently January 1st is a day of rest and, from my experience, the day you jam the tree out the front door and down to the curb. Not a very fitting end to such a lovely piece of nature. Anyway, I'll have to wait to see if this year will be any different but I'm not holding out much hope that it will be. In the meantime, I still have boxes and bags to tear up before they're gone with 2011 (and my tree)! Later
Sway

No comments:

Post a Comment