Ads

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Year in Review...Good Grief!

Hello my dear friends. It's that time of year again. Everyone wants to remind us of the year that has just past and, for some reason, they feel the need to do it in blocks of 10. Top ten lists of everything! It's exhausting. So, in the spirit of the season, I have compiled a list of the top five things (dare to be different) that annoy me about reviewing the current year and telling me the best and worst of my year.
#5  Most of us have to capacity to remember major events that are less than 300 days old. If we don't remember certain things it's probably because they weren't that important to us to begin with.
#4   People who are "fascinating" to an 82 year old woman really aren't that fascinating to the rest of us. Seriously Barbara, Pippa Middleton and Katy Perry?
#3   Let's face it, a two hour special on the "Biggest stories of 2011" is really just another rerun dressed up like new programming. We're not fooled CBS (or ABC, NBC, etc.).
#2   Your opinion of the best music, movies, etc of the year mean nothing to me. I rarely agree with you and it's really pretty arrogant of you to think you speak for the rest of us.
#1   None of your lists EVER include animals. You people! How about the most fascinating felines of 2011? Obviously I would be #1 but there are 9 other spots that could be filled by the likes of those jingle bell singing cats, the cat that plays the piano on YouTube, Mittens Romney, Purrak Omama, Kitty Kardashian, you get my point people. Put a little effort in to it people!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment