Ads

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Perfect Gift for Everyone!

Hello my dear friends. I know that the hardest part of the holidays for most people is selecting the perfect gift for every one on your list. In addition, there's the issue of getting "something small" for the people you feel obligated to give something to. Well, as always, I'm here to help. First, for the people you actually like and want to make happy, let me ease your stress. No one knows what it's like to get a crappy gift better than me. Believe me, I've gotten some Doozies (note the photo above)! Last year I got a frickin' Chia Pet! Who buys those things? No one actually wants a Chia pet, a Snuggie, goofy slippers that bark, beep or light up, and, for the love of Po, please STOP the "As Seen on TV" madness! Anyway, I digress. The number one thing to remember, especially for those picky people, is that God made "gift receipts" for a reason. So, do your best and include the receipt. I have found that this "don't ask, don't tell" gift exchange works best. No embarrassment, no hard feelings and no little white lies past the initial "OMG, I love this"! It is very important to remember, and I can't stress this enough, it is absolutely acceptable to purchase noisy toys for other people's children. As a matter of fact, I encourage it! The gift that keeps on giving, if you will. It never gets old, trust me! Finally, know your audience. Buying holiday liqueurs for people who aren't drinkers is akin to buying a gift for a stranger. You know it's going to be re-gifted. I swear I saw the same bottle of Amaretto circulate the family Christmas party for three years before someone finally cracked it open to mercifully break the cycle. Tomorrow, I'll give you some inexpensive ideas for great homemade gifts for friends and obligations alike!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment