Ads

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Madness and other Nonsense

Hello my dear friends. Last night, before I retired for the evening, I flipped on the 11pm news to see if anything important had happened in the world. Apparently, it hadn't. I know this because the local news channel (which I will not identify but they are Everywhere) has "team coverage" of the "Breaking News" that Fab Melo would not be playing in the NCAA Tourney.  Team Coverage! Seriously? Now, I know that many people, my captor included, take local sports very seriously but, with all due respect, do we really need a "team" to cover a 48 word press release? That worked out to about 1 person for every 12 words. The world shattering event made up the top 5 news stories, all of them based on the same 48 word press release. They threw in "live coverage" of a reporter stopping people on the street to get their  reaction to the news! Oh My! "Are you disappointed"? "How do you think the Orange will do without Melo"? And, of course the most important question of the evening, "will you be changing your bracket"? Wow! Powerful stuff! That, of course, was followed by the "sports coverage" where they proceeded to repeat each and every news story. Riveting! I went to sleep confident that I knew all I needed to know to start my day off well informed. Thank goodness there wasn't a Presidential Primary, closing arguments in a landmark bias intimidation case, a fatal avalanche in Alaska or a tragic bus crash that killed 22 children to get in the way of what is truly important, a lazy college student who refused to do his homework! Nice job people. Nice job!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment